[Fedora-spins] Design Suite Spin. Inkscape desktop icon link. Necessary?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 7 11:25:22 UTC 2010

On 07/09/10 12:32, Chris Jones wrote:
> This was obviously implemented before I jumped on board as a
> Co-Maintainer of the Design Suite Spin.
> But why was this little icon link originally implemented and placed on
> the desktop, I can't really see what purpose it serves in the big
> picture.
>
> How would people feel if we removed it?
don't care.

> I'm open to all opinions and views.
I'm not a user, nor even tested that spin. I was thinking that a desktop
link to a folder that contains the key spin elements (eg I'm guessing
there is more than just inkscape), could be a nice addition.

It would make it a little more obvious why the reason that the spin was
created, and to focus attention. And once a user get's used to the
tools, they can nuke the folder/link to folder if so inclined.