[Fedora-spins] oVirt Node Fedora 16 Spin

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jul 27 16:05:53 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:21:32 -0400,
  Perry Myers <pmyers at redhat.com> wrote:

> Aside from that, the other deviations include that we don't base
> ourselves off of one of the kickstarts in rule 4, but that rule says
> 'may use any' not 'must use any'
>
> So is the nochroot rule the reason for denying the spin, or are you
> saying that the rules weren't specific enough and we're breaking the
> spirit of what a spin should be, if not a specific rule?

An exception is supposed to be granted for any spins not basing off the
limited set of approved base spins. I am not denying the spin because I
don't see how spins SIG can deny anything when we aren't having regular
meetings of interested parties to discuss spins. However, for similar
reasons I am not approving it either.

> > But to hold up acceptance of this particular spin due to the fact that
> > there isn't a properly functioning Spin SIG seems unfair.

I agree.