[Fedora-spins] Spins issue

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Mar 1 14:53:24 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 08:47:50 -0500,
  "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I was going through some email this morning I saw that the Spins
> SIG is concerned that the Cloud SIG hasn't followed the Spins process
> to get their "ec2" labeled Spin included in the spins-kickstart
> collection in git:
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/spins/2011-March/001734.html
>
> If the Cloud group needs to see this Spin included in the F15 release,
> then my recommendation is to start talking with the Spins SIG about
> the process.  I believe there's a deadline that's passed, although you
> can request an exception and still make it into the release.
>
> To the Spins SIG, I would also recommend keeping lines of
> communication open if something goes wrong.  A Cc: to the cloud@ list,
> for example, would help raise the issue to more people in a way that
> would help reach a solution faster.

Robotics may also fall into this category as well. They contacted us
a while back, but at the time we weren't functioning so getting them
approved was a problem. They are also a feature.

I am not sure if either group is looking to have an ISO produced or just
have their kickstart file included in one of the spin-kickstarts package.

The existing spins also need review. Some don't seem to be getting
maintenance, and at least design suit does follow the guidelines and
should be fixed, dropped or given an exception.