[Fedora-spins] Spins issue

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Mar 1 17:31:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 11:07:42 -0500,
  Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:

> I think this is where the confusion comes.  I would like to see
> spin-kickstarts become the place to store "blessed kickstart files",
> maybe with a change of names.  These kickstarts can  be used to create
> different kinds of livecds.  Some of these are spins, but some of these
> could be used as the basis for others building appliances or cloud images.

There is a mechanism to do this already. The QA test day spin is an example
of that. I agreed to work with the QA guys with this so that they didn't
need to worry about some of the spin process but could still have a more
convenient way for them to make spins for test days. These spins go into
the custom folder.