[Fedora-spins] Electronic Lab spin .iso

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 23 11:47:22 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 23.11.2011, 15:36 +0530 schrieb Shakthi Kannan:
> Hi,
>
> --- On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Christoph Wickert
> <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> | So many things went wrong with this spin.
> |
> | It was broken for months so I
> | cannot understand why it suddenly is so urgent.
> \--
>
> A positive reply would have been to give constructive feedback, and
> provide suggestions for improvement.

I think I did that: I participated in testing the spin and files bugs
for the problems I found. The missing icon in urxvt's menu entry was
fixed, but the broken electronics-menu was not, even though I tested the
workaround and confirmed it works. I also filed a but against the
gnome-menus package that causes electronics-menus to break and provided
a patch upstream. What more do you expect?

As the spins maintainer I need to ensure that all spins meet the release
criteria, but I cannot test all the spins. I need more people to help me
and if nobody cares for a spin for several months, I don't think this
spin deserves to be released.

I am still not convinced it meets all release criteria. Do we know if
someone tested https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_desktop_menus

> Since Jared said on the 21 that he will be able to release the isos, I
> asked him for an update. Thanksgiving is coming up as well, so I
> expect people to go on vacation soon. Hence, my query.

Jared did not say he can release the ISOs, he said that Dennis is off
for a week and that he can have someone looking after it if it is really
urgent. If you want Jared to do this please contact him directly and not
through the list, but I fail to see how something can be urgent now if
nobody cared to do it for months.

Regards,
Christoph