[Fedora-spins] oVirt Node Fedora 16 Spin

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 8 10:25:05 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 27.07.2011, 11:21 -0400 schrieb Perry Myers:

> Alan pointed me properly to:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spins_SIG_Review_Checklist
>
> My understanding is that we break rule 7 because we use a nochroot in
> post to modify the boot menu.  This seems like a minor infraction given
> what we're using it for.

Currently the spin is violating more than just rule #7.

Rule 1: The spin doesn't have a wiki page approved by the spins
wrangler. That is of course my fault as I failed to look at earlier, but
I cannot approve it if whole paragraphs are missing. If this spin is
supposed to be available on spins.fedoraproject.org, it needs all the
sections about the website.

Rule 5: The spin uses a default block size of 1024 but the motivation is
not explained. Same goes for ext2 as filesystem, although this is not a
strict requirement AFAIK.

Rule 8: The spin touches/removes various configuration files but the
motivation is often unclear. Normally these changes should happen in the
livesys initscript so they are not permanent. If something is really
required for the installed node, please justify the changes more
elaborate in the KS.

Please address these issues either here on the mailing list or at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Ovirt_Node_Spin and fix them in the
ks (if applicable).

Regards,
Christoph