[Fedora-spins] Spins For F17

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 14 22:05:07 UTC 2012

Am Dienstag, den 14.02.2012, 15:29 -0600 schrieb Dennis Gilmore:
> El Thu, 9 Feb 2012 21:49:41 -0600
> Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> escribió:
> > http://rbergero.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-17/f-17-spins-tasks.html
> > The list of official Spins for F17 was due on Tuesday Feb 7th.

Hi Dennis,

thanks for the heads-up. I apologize for being a bad spin-wrangler and
not sending out any reminders. :(

> > To me the minimal spin really fits into a request ive had a few times
> > lately and that is to make the ec2 images available for download for
> > people to deploy into thier private cloud or just for use in vms.
> > rather than doing a install they have a minimal starting point and
> > install what they want.

I do understand the idea behind this, yet though it doesn't meet the
definition of a "spin". We need to either change the definition or
follow it - or just don't name it a spin.

Before we discuss this further, I'd like more info on the minimal spin.
I have added my questions at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Minimal_Spin

> > I don't think we have any other new spins proposed so we have
> >
> > Design-suite
> > Desktop
> > KDE
> > LXDE
> > Security
> > SoaS
> > XFCE
> > Electronic-Lab
> > Games
> > Robotics
> > Scientific-KDE
> >

> > Is that correct?

Looks right to me. If there were any new spins, we should have heard of
them.

> Since there has been no feedback, im going to assume that for F17 we
> have no spins and will not been planing to do anything above install
> DVD

Please don't make false assumptions. How about assuming that people are
not employed bs Red Hat and only work on Fedora in their spare time and
have a dayjob that keeps them busy?

If you, rel-eng or anybody else needs something from the spins SIG, we
need to be aware of these requirements. Just by looking at the schedule
we don't know what othery might need from us.

Regards,
Christoph