[Fedora-spins] New spin on the horizon

Jørn Loamx northlomax at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:12:58 UTC 2012

Hi

I'm one of Fedoras Google Summer of Code students. I have been tasked in
helping to develop an Audio spin of fedora. I just wanted to Let you
know a little about the project so that you have a heads up and so you
know what's on the horizon :D

The audio spin is a spin that is geared for music production, and is
aimed at the music community. We are aiming for high usability so that
if someone who just makes a podcast once a week and doesn't necessarily
know who to configure JACK can use it with ease, but at the same time it
will include software that will allow bigger music productions.
The spin itself does not have a wiki page, but I will be making one in
the next couple of days with schedules, todos, roadmaps etc. but you can
see a brief overview at the audio_creation_spin_development page[1]

I'm pushing to have the kickstart file ready by June 1st, I'm hoping
this is a good date, as I based it on the schedule for Fedora 16 and I
have no idea what the schedule for fedora 18 is

If there are any questions, don't hesitate to take contact

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Audio_creation_spin_development
--
Jørn Lomax
GSoC Fedora Audio