[Fedora-spins] Fedora LXDE Spin vs. XFCE Spin -- need info

nomnex nomnex at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 01:07:46 UTC 2012

> On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:54:37 +0100
> Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 14.03.2012, 11:10 +0900 schrieb nomnex:

<snip>

> > 1. What Fedora spin is more popular in term of download: LXDE or
> > XFCE, and why?
>
> Downloads form http://spins.fedoraproject.org/
> #1 	KDE 	7573 Downloads
> #2 	XFCE 	2792 Downloads
> #3 	LXDE 	2709 Downloads
>
> You see not much of a difference, I think it's just personal
> preference.

Thank you for the link.

<snip>

> > 4. Can I install the software I like: PCManFM, Sylpheed,
> > LXTerminal, etc in a XFCE environment?

<snip>

> But if you like you can install your favorite programs and configure
> them in the Xfce control panel to be used as defaults.

Great. I could try the xfce control panel already.

Hello Christoph,

I am a little busy right now, there is some delay with my reply to the
lists. I have installed the xfce4-panel, and I will get back to you on
the readhat bugzilla report, beginning of next week.

Have a good weekend,
nomnex

--
nomnex <nomnex at gmail.com>