[Fedora-spins] Creating a Cinnamon & Mate spin

Sam Burgos jsbmdl00 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 20:50:42 UTC 2012

Greetings, my name is Jose Santiago Burgos and I'm from El Salvador, i do
hope that you can do your activities as usual

The reason of my mail is that while I was downloading an XFCE Fedora Spin
for a friend, i tought and ask myself: "Why we cannot have another special
spin given the popularity of some recent Desktops Environments (DE). I mean
with MATE and Cinnamon

I don't know if this is the place where I should ask you guys for it. But i
would like to see some extra spins based specifically in these 2 DE's,
right now I'm using Fedora 17 with the Cinnamon Desktop, and besides some
minor bugs, this has become my favorite DE as well, and i tried to install
in the distributions i can (I use Linux Mint too). But i propose you to
create some new spins that can contain Cinnamon/Nemo and Mate/Caja to make
possible to have some more options. I you need a number of signatures i can
do all the possible to get it as well

I don't know if you can answer me the soonest as possible with an answer
(positive or negative) just to know if it's possible and what can I do to
make it real (also if i have enough time to propose it add it to Fedora 18
or 19 as well)

Thanks and have a nice day

--
*"To protect means to not think about yourself for the sake of others.
To keep protecting means not to betray. Ever"*

| HPLinux <http://linuxhp.wordpress.com/> |