[Fedora-spins] Spin ready for approval

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 17:58:30 UTC 2013

On 01/07/2013 06:48 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> El Mon, 07 Jan 2013 18:44:41 +0100
> Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it at gmail.com> escribió:
>> On 01/07/2013 06:29 PM, Rich Mattes wrote:
>>> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Peter Robinson
>>> <pbrobinson at gmail.com <mailto:pbrobinson at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>

>>>      I believe the pages at http://spins.fedoraproject.org/ are not
>>> wiki pages but you need access to the web git repo to push changes.
>>>
>>>      Peter
>>>

>>> I think it's sufficient to file a bug on the fedora-websites
>>> trac[1] and let the websites team take care of it.
>
> Just to be very clear here, Release engineering will not be adding the
> spin to Fedora 18, Its way too late to do so. there is work needed to
> be done for spins.fp.o that needs translation. the cutoff date for new
> spins was months ago for a reason.  while its great that you have got
> it done. It can not be added to Fedora 18 and will make its debut in
> Fedora 19.
>
> Dennis

I'm not pointing fingers at releng here and I understand the work
involved but I must say that this really saddens me. This project was
part of the GSOC under my mentorship and my student performed all tasks
well within projected deadlines for F18 (before the numerous delays).
All steps outlined in the Spins process were followed to the letter.

The GSOC project as a whole was managed really well this year by
Buddhike and co. I think the whole Spins process this time round
reflects really poorly on Fedora's commitment to embracing new
contributors and is quite frankly a kick in the face to the student who
put in so much hard work over the summer.