[Fedora-spins] f18 games spin

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Jan 13 17:41:50 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 10:17:02 -0700,
   Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
>So, I was gathering up the checksums and sizes of images for websites
>folks and wasn't seeing the games spin info.
>
>On digging around, it seems it stopped composing around Dec 17th (when
>the abuse package was dropped). So, it didn't compose for final f18. ;(
>
>I tried a nightly run with abuse removed from the ks, and it composed:
>
>http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=4860893
>http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=4860895
>
>but I didn't test it any otherwise. ;(
>
>We have our final spin-kickstarts in base repo, so not sure what we can
>do here. ;( Possibly update and test and plead with rel-eng for a post
>release compose of it?
>
>Just wanted to inform folks...

I just noticed today when I was looking at getting a final copy early
to be able to seed on Tuesday.

I typically review lists of packages being dropped, but "abuse" probably
didn't ring a bell with me that it was a game. I also wasn't expecting
things to break right at final freeze and didn't check back to make
sure the nightly composes were still working.

I'm OK with whatever people want to do. There are downsides to any course
of action at this point.

I'm going to drop "abuse" from the ks in git, since that needs to
get done in any case.