[Fedora-spins] spins in f19

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Mon Jan 28 20:30:43 UTC 2013

El Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:38:54 -0600
Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> escribió:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 13:54:04 -0700,
>    Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> >b) Any new spins need to SUBMIT THEIR KS FILES ASAP so we can avoid
> >problems where things don't make it.
> >
> >c) There's no meetings, Christoph is swamped, how do we want to
> >handle the day to day business of the sig?
>
> I guess using this list mostly. If there is something we need a
> meeting for, we can schedule one. If people want to really start
> working on future stuff, that might justify more meetings, but that
> is really separate than what we need to prepare for F19.
>
> >I was thinking we should require at each freeze point that any spins
> >we promote on spins.fedoraproject.org have at least 2 people sign
> >off that they tested them and they basically work. If 0 people do
> >this sign off, we should still produce them, but they sit in alt and
> >don't get promoted anywhere. If a spin doesn't get any testing for
> >an entire cycle, we drop them completely.

I agree we should make sure that 2 at least 2 people sign off before we
ship a spin. QA does not have the resources to test all spins, the only
way to do it as part of QA would be to have more people get involved in
QA.

> Does releng use the koji builds these days, or do they still have a
> separate compose and if so, where would we look to test the images
> that are going to be released?

Releng has used koji for quite a few releases now, before the nightlies
were done in koji.

> Are we going to start doing all spins at alpha and beta again? For a
> while we had only been doing the desktop spins. This makes it easier
> for oversights to go unnoticed.

No we will not be doing all spins at alph and Beta only GA, the
nightlies are there for testing all of them. its not that they are not
being made just how they are made and shipped.

I honestly want to kill off spins as it stands. make just the 5 desktop
spins as livecds. redefine things in someother way. maybe its going to
be f20 or later before we can. but I do think we need to look at better
ways to get the end results.

Dennis