[Fedora-spins] spins in f19

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 23:35:55 UTC 2013

Am Dienstag, den 29.01.2013, 12:48 -0500 schrieb Bill Nottingham:
> Redirecting from spins at .
>
> Dennis Gilmore (dennis at ausil.us) said:
> > [the multi-desktop DVD] uses grub/syslinux to select which of the 5 desktop lives you
> > want to run. its designed for use by ambassadors to give out at events.
> > it has both 32 and 64 bit images on it  its designed for use with dual
> > layer media. Release Engineering produce it for final only to be used
> > to create media to be given away at events, it is not designed or
> > intended for general consumption.
>
> If it's not intended for general consumption, why on earth is it
> what we give away at events?

Because it hard to guess in advance what people want: GNOME, KDE, Xfce,
LXDE, i386, x86_64. You always run out of something and we ended up
shipping media back and forth. With the multi-images, live has become so
much easier for the Ambassadors - not to mention that we cut costs by
over 50% (or by 400% if you consider one DVD 8 CDs).

> Shouldn't what we give to people be something that is intended for
> general consumption?

Sure, but what defines "intended for general consumption"?

Best regards,
Christoph