[Fedora-spins] spins removed from Beta

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Nov 11 11:56:57 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

> El Sat, 9 Nov 2013 16:26:14 -0700
> Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> escribió:
> > On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 00:00:42 +0100
> > Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Dennis,
> > >
> > > with all due respect, but I think your attitude it fundamentally
> > > wrong.
> > >
> > > You are the Fedora release manager. It's your job to communicate
> > > deadlines, to reach out to the people affected and nag them. You are
> > > getting paid to do this, but you expect volunteers to ask you? Seems
> > > you are living in an upside-down world.
> >
> > Perhaps you are thinking of the Fedora Program manager here?
> > jreznik?
>
> As Kevin said, the person responsible for bugging people and
> organising the schedule is Jaroslav.

Yeah, that's me but I've never been asked to put it into schedule. And I'd
be more than happy to do so, even do that bugging part.

I'd say the Go/No-Go should be the break point to release/not to release as
for primary offering. It could be a part of the Go/No-Go meeting to state
release readiness of all deliverables we have (based on the sign offs or
directly in the meeting?).

Do we have anything as https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_20_Beta_RC5_Desktop
for marking tests passed or just http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/20/Spins?

> My Job is to make and deliver what is supposed to be made and
> delivered.

And thank you for that!

I'm not going to comment what's written bellow, I think Dennis covered it
pretty well. I'm sorry if I missed the spis process, I know it was happening
and now I know it's enforced - so let's try to find the way how to put it
into schedule, communicate it better. It's definitely worth having it, and I'd
be more than happy to help with it!

Jaroslav