[Fedora-spins] [spin-kickstarts/f20] Jam: add new lv2 plugins, aj-snapshot

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 21:23:31 UTC 2013

On 11/04/2013 06:51 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 16:26:55 +0000,
>    Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just noticed Jam dropped out of the test composes between
>> http://download-ib01.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/20-Beta-TC5/Spins/x86_64/
>>
>> 17th Oct
>> http://download-ib01.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/20-Beta-TC6/Spins/x86_64/
>>
>> and 26th Oct. Any connection to this change?
>
> Probably. aj-snapshot is only in updates-testing for Fedora 20. Most
> likely it is a new package that hasn't gone to stable yet becausee of
> the beta freeze.
>
> My suggestion would be to take it out for now. And then add it back in
> after beta as long as it is low risk. You could try for a freeze
> exception, but it's getting pretty late for that, even for low risk
> stuff like adding new packages. If you want to try that, you need to do
> it right away.

I have some new packages (all leaves mostly - a few plugins and a cli
utility). Should I get freeze exceptions to add these to f20 or can I
safely add them?

Hopefully we will also have Ardour3 (the flagship linux DAW - still in
testing) also, but in this case I will raise an exception, just to make
sure we are getting enough test coverage.