[Fedora-spins] netizen intro and kickstart

Corey Leong cleong at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 23 14:05:14 UTC 2014

Greetings Rahul --

I knew the question of overlapping would surface eventually, so thanks for
bringing this up.

Before I started the netizen project, I did survey the other spins
especially the security spin because of its completeness and wonderful
efforts. The justification to reuse the same security packages was revealed
to me not from a spin developer perspective, but instead for the targeted
end user's perspective. Correct if I am wrong, but the security spin
targets more technical end users while in contrast the netizen spin will
target novice to mid-level users in need of basic security and safety
applications. I will flesh this difference out in upcoming documentation
and branding in the future. In addition, netizen targets alternative
industries, perhaps less technical organizations.

So, in sum I made an initial to effort target different end users and
different industries for spreading fedora goodness. I hope was not on my
soapbox too long. ;)

--Corey