[Fedora-spins] cleanup of spins process

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed May 6 18:57:14 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 7:45 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:
> Since the Spins process has fallen down and there has not been a spins SIG
> meeting in years that I know of. I think we should update
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spins_Process to point people to the Fedora
> Change process and just use that for the addition of new spins.  ensuring that
> kickstarts are reviewed by at least one non owner before being pulled in.
>
> Thoughts, objections or counter proposals?

+1 for moving to the change process, I think it makes sense as it
covers a number of the bits of the process already required by the old
process, simplifies it and moves to an actively used process so it's
familiar to those that wish to go that route as they likely already
have for the UX packaging.

The bit I'm not sure is covered by the Change process is the old
"Board" approval that covers trademarks, it might be that it's decided
that it's no longer required, or something that FESCo can escalate if
they think is necessary or we could amend the Changes process to add a
small Spins section about Council and trademarks requirements.

Peter