[Fedora-spins] Problem with KDE spin

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Fri May 22 17:57:48 UTC 2015

Sendmail failed to start. Tracking this down led to the /etc/alternatives links
for mta, mta-mailq, and mta-mailqman pointing to executables for sSMTP instead
of sendmail. Also, the sendmail unit was disabled and it was enabled poreviously.

The following messages are generated:

May 22 08:16:24 david.both.org systemd[1]: Unit sendmail.service entered failed
state.
May 22 08:16:24 david.both.org systemd[1]: sendmail.service failed.
May 22 08:17:30 david.both.org sendmail[31389]: -bd is not supported by sSMTP
May 22 08:17:30 david.both.org systemd[1]: Failed to start Sendmail Mail
Transport Agent.