[Fedora-spins] spin-kickstart versioning

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri May 22 20:58:17 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 15:13:09 -0500,
  Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:
>hi all,
>

>i would like to propose that we change the versioning of spin-kickstarts, for
>instance the version in f22 would always be 22 then use the rpm release field
>0.X for prerelease builds and whole numbers for GA builds so the build just
>done for f22 GA would have been spin-kickstarts-22-1.fc22 anyone have any
>strong thoughts?

I'm not opposed to removing the leading zero, but I think we still need
to separate updates that happen to upstream and rebuilds done for other
reasons (most commonly mass rebuilds) done without having an update from
upstream.

So you'd have releases like 22.1-1.fc22 and 22.2-1.fc22 and occasionally
sonething like 22.2-2.fc22.