Main Page

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 22:20:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 04:28:50PM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> * Can the Main Page have a different title while still functioning the
>   same function as the main entry point?  ISTR the Mediawiki:
>   namespace had a setting for this.  I'd like it to read "Fedora
>   Project Wiki" which is descriptive and self-evident.

I have no opinion either way.

> * I'd like to shorten that page by moving the current "all teams"
>   graphics to a separate page -- such as the current page that lists
>   all subprojects and SIGs -- and having a direct link there, to make
>   the page a little less long and bewildering.

I really think that because it is the sub-projects that make up what
Fedora is, we need to have a large chunk of them on the Main Page.

If you think the current Main Page is cluttered, take a look at
Wikipedia's. :)

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36