Auth for large deletions?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Jan 4 18:24:33 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 10:30:22AM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> This was a vandal who deleted the entire contents of a page and
> replaced them with a tiny set of gibberish.

I'm fairly certain that this was a bot testing to see if anonymous
editing works.  I've had open wikis inundated in the same way, first
gibberish, quickly followed by pages of porn links.  I suspect the bot
checks pages later to see if they were reverted, and if not, puts up
more links, etc.

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41