Packaging Guidelines

Susan Lauber susan at ties.org
Thu Jan 15 00:48:11 UTC 2009

Greetings all - especially the packaging folks,

I talked to a few people at FUDCon and the end result is that I seem to be
the Docs Project lead for the Packaging Guidelines docs.
I think it will be an exciting task and I hope to learn a lot about the Docs
Project as well as more about building packages in the process.

I have begun the wiki page renaming for the pages in the (new) Packaging
namespace by creating a PSV file in
http://git.fedoraproject.org/git/wikirename.git

It contains the existing names and my first pass at suggestions for new
names.

I am hoping that members of the Packaging Guidelines team can answer a fee
questions for me:

1. There are a number of meeting minutes and IRC log pages.  Do these really
need to be in the Packaging namespace (with a Category of Meeting Minutes)
or should they be moved to the Meetings namespace (with a Category of
Packaging)?
note: you can have many categories but only one namespace per page.
Meetings namespace is not searched by default.  Packaging namespace has
extra access controls.

2. The file [[Packaging:OldJPackagePolicy]] has a warning at the top about
being out of date (*Last Revised:* Monday Feb 12, 2007).  Can this go into
the Archive namespace?  As I understand it we traditionally leave the old
name the same when that happens.  If not, I will rename it in a way that
helps identify it as old.

3.  The next step is Categories for the pages.  Which may also help with any
additional renaming. Are there any suggestions or ideas already out there
before I start making them up - er - examining content for logical category
names?

I've got more - but these will get me started. :)

Thanks,
Susan

--
Susan Lauber, (RHCX, RHCA, RHCSS)