"error-type" element needed in grammar

Matthieu Caneill matthieu.caneill42 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 15:56:37 UTC 2013

I use the Coccinelle [1] static analyzer (which I've instrumented to
support Firehose output), and it can process different kind of
(possibly user-defined) tests. It could be useful to add a variable in
the issue element to categorize more precisely the type of error; and
any other tool which supports different kind of tests would benefit
from such an extension. Such an element could be called "error-type"
or "check-name". What do you think about this? I can submit a pull
request if you agree with this.

--
Matthieu