Announcing the Flock evening events!

Ruth Suehle rsuehle at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 01:57:05 UTC 2015

We've been a bit mum while working out all the details, but as we slide
into the final days before Flock, I wanted to give you a preview of our
evening events! (Also to let you in on the menus so you know if you need or
want to eat something else on the way.)

We have two really amazing evening events planned for Flock and some
interesting options for the other two nights that I wanted to let everyone
know about!

*WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12*
We've left this evening open for you to gather with friends and teams.
There are quite a few restaurants within walking distance of the Hyatt.

*THURSDAY, AUGUST 13*

*THE STRONG | NATIONAL MUSEUM OF PLAY <http://www.museumofplay.org/>*
If you've never had the pleasure, The Strong is a really amazing museum
devoted to the history of play and games. Among other things, it houses the
world’s largest and most comprehensive collection of historical materials
related to play and is home to the International Center for the History of
Electronic Games, the National Toy Hall of Fame, and the World Video Game
Hall of Fame.

We will be holding our evening reception in the Boardwalk Arcade
<http://www.museumofplay.org/exhibits/boardwalk-arcade> and
eGamesRevolutuion <http://www.museumofplay.org/exhibits/egamerevolution>
areas. You can play Giant Tetris, the only machine of this game in North
America; Guitar Hero; LED dodgeball; classic pinball games, including The
Incredible Hulk and Hercules; and 4 dozen historic arcade machines,
including Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

We'll give everyone a start on tokens, but you can buy all you want (5
tokens for $1, most games are one token, a few are free). Cash/credit
vending machines are available in the exhibit.

The menu:
- Imported and domestic cheeses with crackers, baguettes, and fresh fruit
- Mini quiches
- Bruschetta
- Savory tartlets
- Caesar salad
- Herb mashed and sweet mashed potato bar with toppings
- Carving stations of beef and turkey served with rolls, croissants, and
sauces
- Vegetarian lasagna

*FRIDAY, AUGUST 14GEORGE EASTMAN HOUSE | INTERNATIONAL MUSEUM OF
PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILM <FRIDAY, AUGUST 14GEORGE EASTMAN HOUSE | INTERNATIONAL
MUSEUM OF PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILMhttp://www.eastmanhouse.org/>*
On Friday, we'll hold a reception in the George Eastman House, originally
the estate of George Eastman, founder of Eastman Kodak, with 10.5 acres of
working farm and gardens and a 35,000 square-foot Colonial Revival mansion.

Now it is one of the world's oldest film archives and museums dedicated to
photography. Its collections include many of Ansel Adams' early works and
one of the largest collections of daguerreotypes in the world. The gift
shop will be open during our event as well.

The menu:
- Pasta station with bolognese and pesto cream sauce options
- Cheese, fruit, and crackers
- Cold salads
- Chocolate fountain!

*SATURDAY, AUGUST 15*

Like Wednesday, we wanted to leave time for teams to meet and new friends
to gather more independently. But we can offer a few suggestions!

- Saturday night, Rochester Red Wings Baseball, the new Triple-A affiliate
of the Minnesota Twins, will be playing  vs Scranton/WB RailRiders. If many
of you are interested, feel free to self-organize (hello, wiki!) to get a group
ticket discount
<http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp?ymd=20120310&content_id=27166876&sid=t534&vkey=team3>.

- Also Saturday, Rochester Rhinos Soccer <http://rhinossoccer.com>, the
local professional soccer team, will be playing the Charlotte Independence.
It's Rex the Rhino mascot's birthday, which will feature 20 mascots from
area sports teams, and the Rochester Public Library will be giving away
free books to everyone who attends. Again, group discounts are
available--get together a group and call 454-KICK (x113) to order them.

- For those who like to bike and/or drink... preferably both... Rochester
Pedal Tours <https://www.facebook.com/rochesterpedaltours?fref=ts> is
pedalling and drinking! And seeing the city.