Book mentioned in my talk

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 15:46:49 UTC 2015

Hi Major,

Thank you for this resources, and your amazing talk. Let's hope that
we receive more next time. Btw. according the visit of the Strong
museum of play, just begun to wonder why couldn't we have team
building games maybe in the next upcoming Flock... or similar care
with the international team that coming together. Anyway, thanks again
your truly inspiring talk.

Thank you,

Zoltanh721

> On 08/14/2015 10:27 AM, Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
>> I wanted to know either that book title, but just received your mail,
>> and I am happy now. Do you know any such similar books about community
>> leadership, community organising?
>
> Hey Zoltan,
>
> For leadership, another John Maxwell book (with a horribly long title) can help:
>
>   The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You
>   http://amzn.com/0785288376
>
> Working in communities can be challenging because everyone has different constraints.  Here's another book to help with that:
>
>   The Phoenix Project
>   Gene Kim, Kevin Behr, and George Spafford
>   http://itrevolution.com/books/phoenix-project-devops-book/
>
> The Phoenix Project is a modern take on another book that was originally about efficiency in the manufacturing process:
>
>   The Goal
>   Eliyahu M. Goldratt
>   https://www.toc-goldratt.com/en/product/The-Goal-A-Process-of-Ongoing-Improvement
>
> The Goal and The Phoenix Project take you through a bunch of self-improvement ideas through a good story.  Both books center around someone who has some (insurmountable) challenges and they have to make their way through it.  Both hit on the actual technical work that needs to be done and the emotional side of it as well.  The Goal goes a bit deeper into the emotional side and it's extremely impactful.
>
> I hope that helps!
>
> --
> Major Hayden

PGP:  06853DF7