Flock 2014 Dates?

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jan 8 02:43:03 UTC 2014

On 01/08/2014 09:14 AM, Ruth Suehle wrote:
> Here's good. The biggest things we've been considering:
>
> - date proximity to other conferences (in a good way: GUADEC, in a bad
> way, things not nearby)
>
> - Flock was always meant to be more tied to the release cycle, which has
> been proving challenging

Conflicts:

OSCON is July 20 - July 24
GUADEC is July 26 - Aug 1 (Strasbourg, France)
Kernel Summit is August 18 - 20 (Chicago, IL)
LinuxCon NA is August 20 - 22 (Chicago, IL)

These facts alone, combined with the limitations of our venue in Prague
(we need to leverage their summer vacation) mean that these are the best
available weekend dates:

July 11-14
August 1-4
August 8-11

Of those three, I think the latter two are better options. I lean
towards the August 8-11 option, but I'd like to know how the GNOME
people feel about that, since I think Flock would greatly benefit from
increased participation from that group. It also gives us a bit more
time to put it all together.

~tom

==
University Outreach || Fedora Special Projects || Fedora Legal