Visa problems

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 15:45:03 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM, Jiri Eischmann <eischmann at redhat.com> wrote:

> Was the problem with visas for entering the Schengen area? What was the
> problem in particular? They applied for a visa of a different country
> than the Czech Republic or applied for a Czech visa and planned to fly
> to a different country?

Schengen visa is difficult to get, we got it only for the days of the
conference and
single entry mostly.

> I was in touch with the consul of the Czech embassy in New Delhi. We had
> several calls last week to go through the list of applicants and confirm
> that they're indeed invited by us because some of them had no history
> traveling to the Schengen area. All applications seemed to be ok in the
> end, but it stroke me a bit that he told me they'd only received 3-4
> applications with our letters of invitation while we sent them out to 12
> ppl in India.
May be because many of them are from Red Hat and as Red Hat is part of
conference organizer,
 it is easier to get the visa if you apply using that source.

Kushal
--
CPython Core Developer
http://fedoraproject.org