Additional hands

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Thu Jun 5 14:16:15 UTC 2014

Tom Callaway píše v Čt 05. 06. 2014 v 09:32 -0400:
> On 06/05/2014 08:10 AM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> > On 06/05/2014 06:53 AM, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> >> So maybe if we have several tries one of them will succeed :)
> >
> > Or we might annoy them. ;-)
> >
> > Do you know the *right* contact at IBM to get a sponsorship?
> > That's really 90% of the task right there.
>
> Last year, I spoke to the sponsorship folks at the LTC, and they were
> not at all interested in sponsoring. There may be other groups that
> are more interested (powerpc, s390).
>
> I think IBM might be the exception to the "no multiple contacts" rule,
> as long as we do it tactfully, just because of the sheer size of it
> and the fact that the divisions tend to operate independently.

This is a contact from our cooperation in powerpc field with IBM. A
bunch of IBM engineers is even going to attend Flock.
The guy told me they were really interested in sponsoring Flock and he
gave it to colleagues who could execute it. It was two weeks ago.

But as I said the engineering part was also very interested in
sponsoring Flock half a year ago and it didn't happen in the end
(reportedly due to too little time).
If anyone makes a new prospect, please send it to me. I'll send it to
the IBM guy. It will also serve as a reminder.

Jiri