Your Flock talk has been accepted!

Pravin Satpute pravins at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 4 08:26:21 UTC 2015

On Friday 29 May 2015 01:09 AM, Ruth Suehle wrote:
> Thanks for your submission to Flock! We had more submissions this year than ever before, with a lot of strong proposals. Your talk:
>
> Audit of defaults font in Fedora
>
> was one of those that received the highest number of votes from the community, and we're excited to add it to the schedule.

Thanks for accepting my talk. Its my privilege.

> -------------------
> IMPORTANT NOTES
> -------------------
> Because Flock is the premier Fedora event for North America and Europe/Middle East/Africa, we are prioritizing travel funding for those groups this year, as Asian and Latin American contributors have their own premier FUDCon events. If you are traveling from Asia or Latin America, unfortunately we will not be able to subsidize your travel to Flock this year. We hope that you will still be able to join us but understand if you cannot.

IMHO there should be criteria. Contributor irrespective of region should
get chance to attend flock if he is deserving and make sense to Fedora
to be in conference.

Something like:
1. Talk is selected.
2. Fedora contributions.
3. Other activities in conference. Workshop etc..
4. Out of 78 talks may be 80% talks can be from host region contributors
and 20% from other regions contributor.

Agree there might be budget crunch. In that case why not try for partial
sponsorship if contributor is fine with it?

in worst case, if other regions required more travel subsidy give them
same subsidy used for "North America and Europe/Middle East/Afric"
contributors.

As far as i think Fedora is global contributors project and it make
sense to bring some of them on same platform at least once a year.

These were few points i wanted to share.

I want to meet people with whom i work mostly on irc/bugzilla and want
to discuss for future development. I am still trying to get subsidy from
other resources, if i get it, i will be there :)

Thanks,
Pravin Satpute