Flock voting issues

Ruth Suehle rsuehle at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 21:32:12 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 5:07 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> I've always thought of it as a general gauge of community interest in
> the topic, which hopefully corresponds to the interest of the people
> going. We could try simply messaging that better — and by "we", I
> definitely include myself, because I know I've said things like
> "voting is open everyone come vote, and hope to see you there".

While conceptually that works, "I got all my friends to vote for me" isn't
a good gauge of overall interest. This is also partly why the final
schedule is 99% community vote with 1% room for something like if not
enough people voted on hearing the Fedora Council get together, but we know
that's still important, we put it on the schedule anyway.