Flock voting issues

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 17:02:14 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 09:38:22AM -0600, Neville A. Cross wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-06-05 at 08:15 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 8:07 AM, Stephen Gallagher <
> > sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Does this account for people who cannot attend but plan to view the
> > > recordings later? Because I'd argue those people *should* still
> > > have a
> > > vote.
> >
> > In this specific situation, doubtful.
> >
> > In general, your point is valid.  However, streaming and recording is
> > always one of the more troublesome items to cover.  We'll need to
> > make
> > sure it is actually going to be done before the vote is opened so
> > people are aware if that is even an option.

If we don't solve the recording issues we should remember to update the
election description for next year:

"Even if you cannot attend Flock in person, these sessions will be streamed
and recorded, so your vote is appreciated!"

- https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting/about/flock-2015

> Real time streaming with recording is really complex. Recording it less
> complex, the weak link is the hard work of collecting and uploading the
> material after the adrenaline is gone. For what is worth, I have been
> going back to flock 2014 talks, some that I was not able to attend
> because I was in another room or even review those that I did attend.
>
> Apart from voting issue, I think recording should be done. There is a
> lot of effort/budget in put a team of great people together. The videos
> will add value to the results of the event.

What's needed to get the recordings into the hands of remote viewers?
Collecting the videos from different pieces of hardware?  Do we
do postprocessing?  Upload on limited conference center bandwidth?  What
services are we uploading to?

-Toshio