2015 Planning Committee

Ruth Suehle rsuehle at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 19:59:28 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com>
wrote:

> So, just out of curiosity, how is the planning committee being
> selected this year?

We once tried having a committee selected from FAmSCo and FESCo. We've also
tried just having regular meetings. TBH, no matter what we've tried, Tom
and Josh and I were doing most of it, so we just keep doing it, and when
anybody else want to help, they're always welcome to help.

This year we're fortunate that a)we all speak the language of the country
we're in, so that helps, and b)we have a lot of support on-site. Doing it
in a hotel means we have the hotel's convention planner. We also have the
Rochester CVB helping. And we've just hired Remy onto my team, who came
from RIT, so he knows the area and situation well, and we've hired an
events person to support things OSAS does. So we're actually far better
supported than we ever have been before!

Which is not to say that if there's something anyone would like to help
with that they shouldn't. Like this week I asked for help with the website.
Paul's been working on it, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind handing it over to
somebody with the time to invest! :-)

Ruth