Test Day page

A S Alam apreet.alam at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 11:14:53 UTC 2012

08/28/2012 02:01 PM ਨੂੰ, Noriko Mizumoto ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
> (2012年 08月28日 17:57), Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel wrote:

>>> Umm... I have one concern on this plan.
>>> If we have multiple pages, then each of us needs to check other pages
>>> bug sections if a problem encountered has already been filed as bug or
>>> not. Otherwise we may have great number of duplicate bugs, no??
>>
>> Bug filing should be done end of the testing event I think.
>
> It may depend on a translator how he/she wanna go... in fact, I file a
> bug as I go.

actually filing bug can be helpful as next Tester know there is already
bug filed so that can avoid many duplicate bugs. During testing bug
triage will further help to keep duplicate low.

>> Also bugzill workflow states the fist step as:
>> * Search for equivalent existing bugs before filing a new bug
>
> You are absolutely right, however it is time consuming task searching
> a bug is. Especially it would become considerable amount of time at
> the end, since searching is not only for one bug but generally more.
> Current format is useful because a translator can see bugs at a glance
> without searching, so that many of translators can save searching time.

Not expecting Tester to search bugs during event, while reporting bug in
Test page will help as said above.

> I prefer Ani's suggestion of creating wiki page for each application.
> > In that case, what about creating wiki page for each application?
> But then again:
> > 1. will end up in creating many wiki pages. This does not happen
> while creating pages per language.
> > 2. multiple users will login to a wiki page at a time.
>
> Or, creating wiki page per a couple of applications may reduce the
> number of pages (solve the problem#1 above), as well can  help
> distribute the traffic. I think...

yes, this is good suggestion, so creating One Test Result Page for Each
feaquenty used applications, while other applications can use single
Test Result page (for ALL).

let us create simple to review it once.

thanks for suggestions.

> noriko
>

>> However, as we know, we might duplicate bugs, where bug triaging would
>> come into place and help upto some extent. I do not seem to find any
>> other better solution in order to avoid the problem of multiple testers
>> updating the same wiki page at the same time! :(
>>
>> Thanks!

A S Alam