fedora l10n qa testday another slip
noriko.mizumoto at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 10:31:58 UTC 2012
(2012年09月11日 20:49), Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 of September 2012 12:12:36 apeter at redhat.com wrote:
>> Dear All,
>> We have tried installing Alpha TC5 and its working (we are testing the
>> currently prepared test cases). Do you really think its necessary to
>> postpone the l10n testing? Or can we go ahead testing with the scheduled
>> date  with available ISO?
> There's also RC2 now available, at least Lives seems ok to me, trying DVD
> installation right now. So I hope we are very close to the final Alpha.
Thank you for these good news, confirming that recent lives start working.
I've read others posts too.
Please notice that we are NOT using any TC or RC. Because those
generally do not contain latest translation, and no point to have
l10n-qa-test with such image. The image must be composed specifically
for l10n-qa-test with latest translation by release engineering, and
will be composed for this purpose. This has been discussed, confirmed
and approved between FLSCO and FESCO. Besides, TC or RC may be used for
i18n-qa-test. These two tests are different with separate purpose and
A request of repackaging with latest translation and a request of
composing the image from them are made to fedora package maintainers and
release engineering respectively, a week and a few days before the test
day accordingly. It means that allowing more time increases the chance
for smaller teams to have a image with more translation completed to
test. In other words, a image to be composed end of next week can
contain more translation than a image to be composed end of this week.
With this point of view, I see beneficial to follow the slip. In
addition, assuming many or some of translators are also busy translating
Gnome 3.6 which translation deadline is 25-Sep and will be part of F18,
it would also be good idea to have qa-test-day on 27-Sep after this due.
However, if majority of translators feel comfortable to stick with
2012-09-20, l10n-qa-test should be organized with such date.
I will be out of town tomorrow and Friday and no access to internet. If
l10n-qa-test day stays same 2012-09-20, the above requests need to be
organized asap. Could you please someone organize instead? Repackaging
request simply can be sent out to devel-announcement ML. For composing,
please refer to the tickets  and .
>> Please let us know your suggestion.
>> FTLG Member
>>  - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-09-20_l10n
>> On തിങ്കള് 10 സെപ്റ്റംബര് 2012 05:50 , Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
>>> Hi fltg group
>>> I am understanding that l10n qa testday will be slipped again as the
>>> result of f18 alpha slip .
>>> It will be 2012-09-27 now. Please correct me if this is wrong.
>>> trans mailing list
>>> trans at lists.fedoraproject.org
>> trans mailing list
>> trans at lists.fedoraproject.org
> trans mailing list
> trans at lists.fedoraproject.org
More information about the fltg