fedora l10n qa testday another slip

A S Alam apreet.alam at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 05:19:11 UTC 2012

09/12/2012 04:01 PM ਨੂੰ, Noriko Mizumoto ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
> (2012年09月11日 20:49), Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
>> On Tuesday 11 of September 2012 12:12:36 apeter at redhat.com wrote:
>>> Dear All,
>>> We have tried installing Alpha TC5 and its working (we are testing the
>>> currently prepared test cases). Do you really think its necessary to
>>> postpone the l10n testing? Or can we go ahead testing with the scheduled
>>> date [1]  with available ISO?
>> There's also RC2 now available, at least Lives seems ok to me, trying DVD
>> installation right now. So I hope we are very close to the final Alpha.
> Thank you for these good news, confirming that recent lives start working.
> I've read others posts too.
> Please notice that we are NOT using any TC or RC. Because those
> generally do not contain latest translation, and no point to have
> l10n-qa-test with such image. The image must be composed specifically
> for l10n-qa-test with latest translation by release engineering, and
> will be composed for this purpose. This has been discussed, confirmed
> and approved between FLSCO and FESCO. Besides, TC or RC may be used for
> i18n-qa-test. These two tests are different with separate purpose and
> process.
> A request of repackaging with latest translation and a request of
> composing the image from them are made to fedora package maintainers and
> release engineering respectively, a week and a few days before the test
> day accordingly. It means that allowing more time increases the chance
> for smaller teams to have a image with more translation completed to
> test. In other words, a image to be composed end of next week can
> contain more translation than a image to be composed end of this week.
> With this point of view, I see beneficial to follow the slip. In
> addition, assuming many or some of translators are also busy translating
> Gnome 3.6 which translation deadline is 25-Sep and will be part of F18,
> it would also be good idea to have qa-test-day on 27-Sep after this due.
> However, if majority of translators feel comfortable to stick with
> 2012-09-20, l10n-qa-test should be organized with such date.
> I will be out of town tomorrow and Friday and no access to internet. If
> l10n-qa-test day stays same 2012-09-20, the above requests need to be
> organized asap.  Could you please someone organize instead? Repackaging
> request simply can be sent out to devel-announcement ML. For composing,
> please refer to the tickets [1] and [2].
> [1]:https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5306
> [2]:https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/301

request for get latest build from updates-testing already sent (thanks 
tagoh), so currently continue with mentioned dates.
  - Need to send request on devel-announcement mailing list
  - test ISO (with i18n

Alpha GOLD declared, so it can be installed and updated for testing.


A S Alam


More information about the fltg mailing list