wish list

Aman Alam apreet.alam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 04:32:48 UTC 2013

ਸੋਮਵਾਰ  15 ਅਪਰੈਲ 2013 10:59 ਸਵੇਰੇ ਨੂੰ, Noriko Mizumoto ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
> Hi,
>
> Through F19 L10N QA test, I found that more RAM is required for good
> performance than F18. Giving 3gb RAM and 2cpu shows me good enough
> performance, but it took time for me to notice this eventually. I kept
> failing this guessing game many time till I reached correct(?) number.
> Also it was not so smooth installation. Once installation completed and
> clicked 'Finish' button, it was supposed to reboot automatically and
> start firstboot. However it was not. I did manually reboots a couple of
> times. Here what I got from my lesson.
>
> 1) For next test (F20 and later), could the test page include the
> description of the requirement for installation? (e.g. minimum RAM and
> CPU requirement)

minimum Requirements may not work as it can be slow for some, while work
for other. Fedora Docs team starts collecting for Fedora 19 requirements
[1] , where discussion includes 768MB RAM and 1GB CPU. That can be
posted on test page, not sure if it will be helpful where VM default
assign 1024MB RAM.

> 2) Could we include to test the installation process self? Cz I am not
> sure where the problem I encountered can be reported (e.g. fails to auto
> reboot), but still this must be important in terms of usability.

Anaconda (which is optional) Test Case is Installation itself. As alpha
is yet not ready, so it can be not easy to finalize which installation
is working or not with anaconda. Also anaconda continuously changes (&
build) and we can include translation at various stages (even in beta or
later).

Live ISO supposed to be use live run without install, that is one reason
to keep anaconda optional.

for installation, we may keep separate test day (in future), close to
Beta or after beta for better results.

--
A S Alam
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FLTG