Need help with the needed fonts for the KDE live images

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Jan 24 21:09:31 UTC 2008

Le jeudi 24 janvier 2008 à 21:33 +0100, Sebastian Vahl a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> I need some help with the needed fonts for the KDE live images. Since F8
> @fonts seems to has changed a bit and so I'm missing some former installed
> fonts. The kde live images are not using any language groups due to space
> limitations but they should still be usuable for most of the different
> languages.
>
> This list is pulled in automatically:
> bitmap-fonts
> ghostscript-fonts
> urw-fonts
> xorg-x11-fonts-100dpi
> xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-1-100dpi
> xorg-x11-fonts-misc
> xorg-x11-fonts-Type1

All the xorg-x11-fonts are mainly useful for legacy apps that do not use
vector fonts.

> These fonts were installed in my former rawhide/f9 images and also on f8:
> baekmuk-ttf-fonts-common
> baekmuk-ttf-fonts-gulim
> cjkunifonts-uming

> dejavu-lgc-fonts
this one has not been in the default install since december (switched
with dejavu-full)

> jomolhari-fonts

> kacst-fonts
This one is not 100% necessary has dejavu full has a form or arabic, but
it's nice to have.

> liberation-fonts
This one has never changed in comps as far as I know. I was bumped to a
new version recently

> lohit-fonts-bengali
> lohit-fonts-gujarati
> lohit-fonts-hindi
> lohit-fonts-kannada
> lohit-fonts-oriya
> lohit-fonts-punjabi
> lohit-fonts-tamil
> lohit-fonts-telugu
> paktype-fonts

> sazanami-fonts-gothic
VLGothic-fonts is the new japanese default IIRC.

> For the moment I've added them manually. But my question here is: Are all of
> them needed or are some still missing?

If you want an accurate font list you need to pull all the default fonts
in the fonts group and all the mandatory fonts in the localization
groups you care for your spin. This can be easily automated via xslt if
you have a list of the locales you care about somewhere.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot