Increasing point size of Meera font using fontconfig

Pravin S pravin.d.s at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 10:34:08 UTC 2008

2008/7/25 Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 11:43 +0530, Pravin S wrote:
>
>> where should i submit this patch
>> 1) to fontconfig package? or
>> 2) will it ok to copy it to /etc/conf.d through smc-fonts package?
>> IMO second one is not right
>
> We have many packages that do that, because isuing a fontconfig update
> each time a maintainer wants to change a fontconfig rule for his font is
> frankly not scalable. As a bonus that also means fontconfig does not
> have to process rules for fonts not installed on the system. The whole
> conf.d change was made to make this kind of use possible.

agree,
having .conf file with font package is very likely since it is for
particular font,
but problem can be
conf.d will get overwrite after each update of fontconfig and
possibility of loss of .conf files
that is only problem i think

--
Thanks & Regards,

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the
intelligent are full of doubt.
--Bertrand Russell