TeXGyre fonts licensing concern

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jul 30 16:17:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 12:59 +0300, Vasile Gaburici wrote:
> As you can see, there is no attempt to missattribute the work. The
> only trouble is that GUST attempted to relicense the work under more
> liberal terms, from GPL to LPPL/GUST. IMHO, the way is to convince URW
> and the two individual contributors (Valek Filippov and Han The Thanh)
> to agree to relicense their work under a license more appropriate for
> fonts. Perhaps Tom can suggest what the best license is.

I won't go so far as to suggest the "best license", however, the
simplest solution would be to convince the contributors to agree to
license their contributions under the GPL (with font exception) as that
would be compatible with URW's original work (thus, we would not be
bottlenecked trying to reach URW).

~spot