TeXGyre fonts licensing concern

Vasile Gaburici vgaburici at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 19:29:48 UTC 2008

My lack of legal brain is confused on this. If URW doesn't change the
license and it remains purely GPL, but the other contributors agree to
re-license their parts as GLP+FontException, then what is there to be
gained by this? Isn't the user bound by most restrictive license in
the package, that is pure GPL?