GNU Unifont update

Qianqian Fang fangqq at gmail.com
Thu May 15 04:15:31 UTC 2008

I think this will probably be interesting to the people in this list.

With the blessing from Roman Czyborra, the former maintainer of
GNU Unifont, Paul Hardy, a volunteer developer from CA, is now
officially maintaining this widely used dual-width bitmap font.
In the past couple months, Paul devoted tremendous of efforts
toward the goal of complete BMP coverage of Unifont. In the meantime,
we had extensive collaboration and ported all our latest creation of
Hanzi glyphs, including the Unicode 5.1 additions, from WenQuanYi's
fonts to GNU Unifont. Paul told me that he is very close to make a
release, perhaps a few thousands glyphs away from a complete BMP
font. His website and the latest fonts can be found from here:

http://unifoundry.com/unifont.html

It would be nice to see this extensively updated GNU Unifont
pushed through all branches for Fedora. I will keep you posted
or send Paul directly here to announce his release.

Qianqian