Updates of liberation-fonts.

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun May 18 09:32:13 UTC 2008

Le Mer 14 mai 2008 02:45, Jens Petersen a écrit :
>> You're welcome to use this list as long as you want. It's not as if
>> it's
>> high traffic and everyone on it should be interested in Liberation
>> progress anyway.
>>
>> In fact your posting there made me wonder if we shouldn't repurpose
>> this
>> list in a Lohit+Liberation+Fonts SIG one. Certainly sharing an IRC
>> channel with debian font packagers and other font projects didn't
>> hurt
>> us at all.
>
> I agree let's use this list and ##fonts for discussion on Liberation
> fonts for now.  We actually have an old list for Lohit.  I suppose
> another way would be to subscribe this list to lohit-devel-list and a
> possible liberation-fonts-list, but that may be overkill?

I've looked at the old lohit-devel list and it's really low traffic,
with Rahul Bhalerao accounting for more than 3/4th of the messages. So
I guess it's up to Rahul to decide if moving to a common font list is
worth it for lohit.

Personally I feel a list with almost no messages is not inviting to
third parties, so regrouping makes sense. If someone complains there's
too much traffic there (we're far from it) I can always ask to create
a fedora-fonts-announce list for Caius and Rahul to announce new
releases.

--
Nicolas Mailhot