Start of Fedora 10 packaging cycle

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon May 19 21:45:45 UTC 2008

Hi all,

To start the Fedora 10 development cycle, the following packages have
been upgraded in rawhide :

— xgridfit was bumped to 1.6
– fontforge was bumped to 20080429 to support latest upstream sfd
format changes (kuddos to nirik)
– dejavu was bumped to 2.25 and rebuilt with new fontforge
– eddrip was bumped to 20080515 and rebuilt with new fontforge and new
xgridfit
– charis was updated to 4.104 while I were at it

I expect the font building tools to continue evolving in fedora-devel
till freeze time. We'll then want every font package that uses them to
have been rebuilt with the frozen version before release. Packagers
please coordinate with your upstream as needed.

If there are enough packagers interested a combined fontforge+font
packages update can be done in Fedora 9 before. But that requires
agreeing on a fontforge versions and rebuilding all the depending font
packages in one go. We don't want a release to have a font package the
release fontforge can not build.

If all goes well liberation will join the built-from-source fonts this
cycle.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot