fontconfig questions

Paul Lange palango at gmx.de
Thu Feb 5 17:24:52 UTC 2009

Hey,

I'm currently packaging Aurulent Sans:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Hartke_Aurulent_fonts

Everywhere is written, that it's a font who can be used as the primary
interface fonts. However at the moment (since 2007) there're only latin
glyphs with some more accents supported. Because of this I'm not sure
how to handle the fontconfig files. At the moment I'm really
conservative.

You can view my fontconfig files here:
http://palango.fedorapeople.org/aurulent/

I currently only mark them only as sans-serif/monospace because I think
they are not yet ready for a primary interface font.

I set the fontconfig-prefix of the sans-serif one to 61 (only latin) and
of the monospace to 64 (only latin, only regular). Any comments on this?

regards,
Paul