New font packaging request

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Sep 6 16:27:44 UTC 2009

Le jeudi 03 septembre 2009 à 13:17 +0430, Hedayat Vatankhah a écrit :
> Hi again!

Hi,

> Well, apparently none of the Persian fonts I proposed can be packaged
> in Fedora because of unclear legal status. As a result, I decided to
> work on SIL Arabic Fonts (http://scripts.sil.org/arabicfonts) which
> fortunately cover Persian specific letters too. They are two fonts,
> one of the were already in the wish list (SIL Scheherazade fonts), and
> I added the other one: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIL_Lateef_fonts

I hope you'll have better luck — SIL fonts are certainly a lot easier to
package than your average font project, because SIL mostly follows sane
release rules (except for the crazy URL and the fact they don't use
fontforge). Plus they are usually of high quality

I'm looking forward for new font packages to review,

--
Nicolas Mailhot