About Farsiweb fonts

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sun Sep 6 18:12:55 UTC 2009

On 09/06/2009 12:18 PM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Since Spot is fed up with FarsiWeb, I guess we
> should just drop it from the wishlist to avoid re-opening the subject
> later.

I wouldn't say I'm fed up with FarsiWeb, it is simply that the situation
has not changed. Those fonts are still derived from a font for which the
copyright is unknown, and the licensing is unclear. In such situations,
we're forced to assume that we have no rights, other than the minimal
rights granted by copyright law, which is insufficient for inclusion in
Fedora.

~spot