30 New Free High-Quality Fonts

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Tue Aug 17 08:29:25 UTC 2010

Dave Crossland wrote:
> On 16 August 2010 09:44, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
>> Le lundi 16 août 2010 à 11:10 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod a écrit :
>>> FYI
>>>
>>> http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/08/12/30-new-free-high-quality-fonts-typography/
>> Thanks! Its so sad more than the half of them are free-as-in-beer but
>> not really libre or open
>
> http://www.behance.net/gallery/St-Marie/551975 is CC-BY and is nice!

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Can_I_use_a_Creative_Commons_license_for_software.3F

" Can I use a Creative Commons license for software?
We do not recommend it. Creative Commons licenses should not be used for
software. We strongly encourage you to use one of the very good software
licenses which are already available. We recommend considering licenses
made available by the Free Software Foundation or listed at the Open
Source Initiative. Unlike our licenses, which do not make mention of
source or object code, these existing licenses were designed
specifically for use with software. "

--
Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
Debian/Ubuntu font teams