Partially hinted fonts

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri Apr 1 00:53:32 UTC 2011

On 03/31/11 19:59, Masahiro Sekiguchi wrote:
> What happens if I propose Fedora to simply exclude those bytecode
> support in Fedora distribution of FreeType, as in the past?

FWIW, this problem was the main reason that under my maintenance, we didn't
enable the bytecode interpreter.

I think the default should remain as not using the bytecode, and use
fontconfig config to whitelist fonts.  Or use fontconfig to blacklist...

To be honest, I don't fully agree with upstream.  Autohinter and bytecode
*can* be used together.  The results won't be optimal, but much better than
the current output.  Maybe someone can bring up the multi-script font use case
with upstream and convince them to reconsider.

behdad