Fixing glob2

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at
Mon Mar 14 14:09:01 UTC 2011

On 14/03/11 14:38, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 09:43:29 +0100,
>   Hans de Goede <hdegoede at> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> On 03/13/2011 06:01 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>>> glob2 includes a single ttf file that I can probably replace with a symlink to
>>> dejavu sans. Based on a an upstream discussion about an aborted switch to a
>>> nonfree font, I suspect the font is free, but is there some way to check?
>> What I usually do is install fontforge and then:
>> fontforge foo.ttf
>> Then go to the Element menu and select font info (or press ctrl+shift+f),
>> usually you can find some more info about the origin there.
> Thanks, that is what I was looking for. The font file says it is dejavu sans,
> so I don't need to remove it from the archive.

Quick note to mention that alternatively you could use fontaine to review the metadata and export a text

There are also simple but handy fontforge scripts like

Plenty of goodies to do more analysis in:

and there's always the Debian package font review, for example here's
the urrent report for glob2:

Replacing duplicated font files with appropriate dependencies is
probably the best approach.

Nicolas Spalinger,
SIL NRSI volunteer -
Debian fonts task force -